YouTube is just so inspirational sometimes and this clip below is no different. It a BIG tank at 265cm wide so it's no nano. Apart from the aquascape being lovely, the owner of the tank has got it right for many reasons. Watch the vid, then read my comments.
- You can see a substantial amount of CO2 coming out of the glass diffuser on the right hand side. So he gets a big tick there.
- The plants swaying nicely which means that nutrients and CO2 are being distributed (this is no mean feat in a large tank). This is a key reason why he has no algae (apart from having a high plant mass).
- Hydro Koralia pump (top right) is angled at 30 degrees directing water/CO2 into the main area of the tank - another tick.
- Wood and rock placement is excellent. The 2 main islands placed slightly off centre is very easy on the eye - tick.
- A lot of moss is used for this tank. This gives a great feeling of maturity and calmness. It appears to be java moss. Big tick.
- Lots of small fish used. Bigger fish would detract from the aquascape. Tick.
- Good use of transitional plants from foreground to midground - again this makes it look very natural and serene. Tick.
In summary this is a very skilled hobbyist who's working his magic. Great job I'm sure you'll agree.
What did you like about this tank?